4 of 64 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
Love Never Dies (Phantom 2)
  [ # 46 ] 06 September 2008 10:30 AM
Broadway Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4116
Geregistreerd  2003-02-28

Ik verheug me erg op een nieuwe Lloyd Webber maar of een Phantom sequel een verstandige keuze is, is een tweede. Met de presentatie van de eerste akte op zijn eigen Sydmonton festival en een workshop voor de tweede akte in oktober lijken me de plannen aardig definitief. Maar de Lord is nogal wispelturig dus eerst zien dan geloven 😊

Handtekening   

‘Once upon a time, lived a Princess and a Prince in Kingdoms Gold and Blue’

http://www.theaterverslagen.blogspot.nl

[ # 47 ] 09 September 2008 10:57 AM
Broadway Ster

Volgens een artikel op Playbill valt in januari 2009 de definitieve beslissing of Phantom 2 op de planken komt.

“Everyone is going to call it Phantom 2, whether we like it or not,” says Andrew Lloyd Webber about the new musical he is currently in the midst of writing, Phantom: Once Upon Another Time.

Lloyd Webber told Playbill.com that he is proceeding cautiously and won’t decide whether to go forward with a full production until January 2009.

“I have learned very definitely over the last few years that you have to be very sure before you go forward,” Lloyd Webber stated, noting that he has abandoned plans to bring the Bulgakov novel “The Master and Margarita” to the stage for precisely that reason: “I couldn’t really find anybody who saw in it what I saw in it.” Admitting that there were problems with the plot — “the end of it is very confused” — he revealed, “I got myself into that problem with The Woman in White. We had a terrific first act, but actually today, and it was something I had underestimated, there’s no secret you can even remotely put on a stage today that a modern audience can find shocking. It was a novel about a faked birth certificate — and people said, ‘So what?’ That was our mistake — if ever I revisited the piece, we would have to stop at the point where it is revealed that the sisters are swapped in the asylum. So I don’t want to make that mistake again, and what I’m going to do is workshop [the new Phantom] and workshop it to the nth degree.”

The first act was workshopped earlier this summer at Lloyd Webber’s private Sydmonton Festival at his Berkshire country home. “We’ve already done the first act,” Lloyd Webber explained, “and rather like The Woman in White, where the first act worked wonderfully, what we cannot do is presume that the second act is going to as well.” Working with director Jack O’Brien, who staged the Sydmonton workshop, and lyricist Glenn Slater, he is now writing the rest of the show, and when they have completed the work, “we are going to do a workshop of the second act, then take a month off and do it again with both halves this time and then we’ll see.”

Those workshops are currently planned for October and December. “I won’t push the button on it till we’ve done both those workshops. Whether we finally go ahead we will decide in the first week of the New Year. I don’t want to let this one out unless we’re pretty sure that the basic material is as good as we can get it.”

Why a sequel? “Because it’s a very, very good story,” he says, but adds, “Actually, sequel is slightly the wrong word for it — it is a development of the whole thing. It doesn’t go over any of the old ground of the original, and there is no music at all from the original other than one or two little quotes in the orchestrations, which are there for color.” An entirely new story has been created, he reveals, by himself, O’Brien and Slater — “and a twist of it was given to us by Ben Elton.”

Elton previously worked with Lloyd Webber on his 2000 show, The Beautiful Game, and Lloyd Webber said that a re-tooled (and re-titled) version of that musical, now called The Boys in the Photograph, will premiere at the Manitoba Theatre Centre in Winnipeg, Canada in April 2009. “It has been reworked because it is going to be the main entertainment that goes on in association with the World Cup in South Africa next year. We made a big mistake calling it The Beautiful Game because it is not about football — that’s incidental to it — but rather about the political angle of where it is set, and that’s what they are particularly interested in for South Africa.”

Bron http://www.playbill.com

Handtekening   

[ # 48 ] 09 September 2008 04:21 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  574
Geregistreerd  2004-12-29

eastwick - 09 September 2008 10:57 AM

Volgens een artikel op Playbill valt in januari 2009 de definitieve beslissing of Phantom 2 op de planken komt.

“Everyone is going to call it Phantom 2, whether we like it or not,” says Andrew Lloyd Webber about the new musical he is currently in the midst of writing, Phantom: Once Upon Another Time.

Lloyd Webber told Playbill.com that he is proceeding cautiously and won’t decide whether to go forward with a full production until January 2009.

“I have learned very definitely over the last few years that you have to be very sure before you go forward,” Lloyd Webber stated, noting that he has abandoned plans to bring the Bulgakov novel “The Master and Margarita” to the stage for precisely that reason: “I couldn’t really find anybody who saw in it what I saw in it.” Admitting that there were problems with the plot — “the end of it is very confused” — he revealed, “I got myself into that problem with The Woman in White. We had a terrific first act, but actually today, and it was something I had underestimated, there’s no secret you can even remotely put on a stage today that a modern audience can find shocking. It was a novel about a faked birth certificate — and people said, ‘So what?’ That was our mistake — if ever I revisited the piece, we would have to stop at the point where it is revealed that the sisters are swapped in the asylum. So I don’t want to make that mistake again, and what I’m going to do is workshop [the new Phantom] and workshop it to the nth degree.”

The first act was workshopped earlier this summer at Lloyd Webber’s private Sydmonton Festival at his Berkshire country home. “We’ve already done the first act,” Lloyd Webber explained, “and rather like The Woman in White, where the first act worked wonderfully, what we cannot do is presume that the second act is going to as well.” Working with director Jack O’Brien, who staged the Sydmonton workshop, and lyricist Glenn Slater, he is now writing the rest of the show, and when they have completed the work, “we are going to do a workshop of the second act, then take a month off and do it again with both halves this time and then we’ll see.”

Those workshops are currently planned for October and December. “I won’t push the button on it till we’ve done both those workshops. Whether we finally go ahead we will decide in the first week of the New Year. I don’t want to let this one out unless we’re pretty sure that the basic material is as good as we can get it.”

Why a sequel? “Because it’s a very, very good story,” he says, but adds, “Actually, sequel is slightly the wrong word for it — it is a development of the whole thing. It doesn’t go over any of the old ground of the original, and there is no music at all from the original other than one or two little quotes in the orchestrations, which are there for color.” An entirely new story has been created, he reveals, by himself, O’Brien and Slater — “and a twist of it was given to us by Ben Elton.”

Elton previously worked with Lloyd Webber on his 2000 show, The Beautiful Game, and Lloyd Webber said that a re-tooled (and re-titled) version of that musical, now called The Boys in the Photograph, will premiere at the Manitoba Theatre Centre in Winnipeg, Canada in April 2009. “It has been reworked because it is going to be the main entertainment that goes on in association with the World Cup in South Africa next year. We made a big mistake calling it The Beautiful Game because it is not about football — that’s incidental to it — but rather about the political angle of where it is set, and that’s what they are particularly interested in for South Africa.”

Bron http://www.playbill.com

Uit dit bericht kun je wel leiden dat Lloyd Webber enorm voorzichtig is geworden na ``The Woman in White``. Hij wil en zal slagen met dit project.

Handtekening   

Live the life you always want to remember!

[ # 49 ] 09 September 2008 08:23 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  259
Geregistreerd  2004-07-21

Mmmm wat kunnen we na deze sequel nog meer verwachten?
Les Miserables 2 - leven na de dood?
Mary Poppins 2 - The b*tch is back

Ik heb er toch wat tegen. Maar hoop voor Webber dat ie weer eens een succes heeft!

[ # 50 ] 16 September 2008 12:20 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Nou de titel van de nieuwe show is bekend. `` Love Never Dies``...wat vinden jullie van deze titel? Ikzelf ben er niet zo heel weg van…..klinkt meer op een titel van een James Bond film.

Handtekening   

[ # 51 ] 16 September 2008 12:45 AM
Broadway Ster
Totaal aantal Reacties:  2666
Geregistreerd  2005-01-21

saigon - 16 September 2008 12:20 AM

Nou de titel van de nieuwe show is bekend. `` Love Never Dies``...wat vinden jullie van deze titel? Ikzelf ben er niet zo heel weg van…..klinkt meer op een titel van een James Bond film.

Klinkt als zo’n typisch goedkoop paperbackje dat mijn moeder leest… per gros.

[ # 52 ] 16 September 2008 07:10 AM
Broadway Ster

‘Love Never Dies’ bekt in ieder geval beter dan ‘Once Upon Another Time’ ... Flop of niet, laat maar komen

Handtekening   

[ # 53 ] 29 December 2008 05:57 PM
Broadway Ster

De ambitieuze plannen voor de sequel zijn bevestigd : drie wereldwijde produkties in de herfst van 2009

Andrew Lloyd Webber today confirmed future plans for Love Never Dies, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera.

“I am delighted to confirm that following a successful sing-through of the complete score of “Love Never Dies” (the sequel to “The Phantom of the Opera”) in the lead-up to Christmas, I have decided to greenlight the production. Of course you never can tell how things will turn out, but we are exploring the idea of opening the show in the UK, America and the Far East in the autumn of 2009. This is a very exciting idea but obviously we have to see that it is logistically possible.

As reported in today’s edition of the “The Times” I can also confirm that “Love Never Dies” is set in America’s Coney Island approximately ten years after the beginning of the original story. In those days Coney Island was one of the wonders of the world, far eclipsing the excesses of Las Vegas today. The story continues the tale of the Phantom, Raoul, Christine, Madame Giry and Meg.”

Bron http://www.andrewlloydwebber.com

Handtekening   

[ # 54 ] 30 December 2008 10:27 PM
Swing
RankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  34
Geregistreerd  2007-05-28

Ben een enorme Phantom Phan, behoorlijke verzameling.
Maar hier zit ik echt niet op te wachten.
Alles voor het geld blijkbaar.

[ # 55 ] 31 December 2008 10:59 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Phantom - 30 December 2008 10:27 PM

Ben een enorme Phantom Phan, behoorlijke verzameling.
Maar hier zit ik echt niet op te wachten.
Alles voor het geld blijkbaar.

Wat een ongeloofelijke ``kort door de bocht`` opmerking zeg!

Als groot Phantom fan denk ik dat je juist zeer nieuwschierig moet zijn. Vergeet niet dat het niet de beroerdste mensen zijn die deze show maken.

Wees eens wat positiiever mensen! Als we zo blijven denken zullen de grootschalige drama musicals echt history zijn en zullen we het voor altijd moeten doen met de zoetsappige jukebox musicals.

Handtekening   

[ # 56 ] 31 December 2008 11:02 AM
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  13756
Geregistreerd  2002-11-15

Op drie plaatsen tegelijk willen starten klinkt mij ook als cashen in de oren. Alles wat niet helemaal lekker zit in de oorspronkelijke versie heb je gelijk x 3. Bij achter elkaar beginen kun je in de tweede en derde versie makkelijker wijzigingen aanbrengen die de beleving voor het publiek ten goede komen.

[ # 57 ] 31 December 2008 11:49 AM
Swing
RankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  34
Geregistreerd  2007-05-28

Kort door de bocht of niet, maar een vervolg hoort hier niet bij.
En inderdaad 3 landen te gelijk is echt voor de kassa.

Beetje het zelfde als de Disney tekenfilms.
Er is een sprookje, en Disney komt dan ineens met een vervolg op een sprookje, dat is ook alleen voor het geld.

Phantom is een enkel verhaal, is geen vervlog van.

[ # 58 ] 02 January 2009 08:04 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  272
Geregistreerd  2008-05-17

Ik ben op zich wel benieuwd naar wat ze ervan kunnen maken, want het boek waarop het gebaseerd wordt is echt drie keer niks.

Nu is het origineel van The Phantom ook niet overal even sterk en daar hebben ze toch ook een mooie show van kunnen maken, dus wie weet…

Ben er niet laaiend enthousiast over, maar door het uitblijven van “The Master and Marguerite” kijk ik toch wel uit naar een nieuwe Lloyd Webber musical.

Handtekening   

Life is music - play it louder!

[ # 59 ] 02 January 2009 10:42 AM
Ensemble
RankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  77
Geregistreerd  2003-06-17

Ik vind dat het in de kunst toch altijd meer gaat om het ‘hoe’  dan om het ‘wat’. Daarom ben ik zeer nieuwsgierig.

Handtekening   

Momenten zijn als water. Ze zijn zo weer uitgewist…

[ # 60 ] 02 January 2009 11:10 AM
Broadway Ster
Totaal aantal Reacties:  3045
Geregistreerd  2006-06-05

Ben toch ook benieuwd hoe ze dat gaan doen, 3 shows tegelijk. Het creatieve team zal het druk krijgen met op en neer vliegen in de opstartperiode, neem ik aan..

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
4 of 64