5 of 64 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
Love Never Dies (Phantom 2)
  [ # 61 ] 02 January 2009 07:04 PM
Ensemble
RankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  68
Geregistreerd  2008-12-28

Phantom - 31 December 2008 11:49 AM

Kort door de bocht of niet, maar een vervolg hoort hier niet bij.
En inderdaad 3 landen te gelijk is echt voor de kassa.

Beetje het zelfde als de Disney tekenfilms.
Er is een sprookje, en Disney komt dan ineens met een vervolg op een sprookje, dat is ook alleen voor het geld.

Phantom is een enkel verhaal, is geen vervlog van.

en wie moet dat zeggen, dat het geen vervolg heeft, jij of Andrew Lord Webber? Lijkt me niet moeilijk…

[ # 62 ] 03 January 2009 12:12 AM
Broadway Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  3045
Geregistreerd  2006-06-05

De schrijver van het boek, die heeft geen vervolg geschreven. Dat bedoelt Phantom, neem ik aan. Dat er van het originele verhaal geen vervolg is, maar dat ALW dit nu bedacht heeft..

[ # 63 ] 03 January 2009 01:27 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  574
Geregistreerd  2004-12-29

Al die mensen die nu lopen te ``zeiken`` zullen als de productie eenmaal loopt ook de show gaan bezoeken…...van te voren enorm lopen zeiken en dan achteraf toch braaf gaan.

Maar goed ieder zn mening…

Handtekening   

Live the life you always want to remember!

[ # 64 ] 03 January 2009 05:09 PM
Swing
RankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  34
Geregistreerd  2007-05-28

Ben blij dat je iedereen zo goed kent dan 😊
En Inderdaad IngeG dat bedoel ik.

[ # 65 ] 06 February 2009 11:58 AM
Broadway Ster
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4116
Geregistreerd  2003-02-28

Volgens Baz Bamigboye in de Daily Mail zijn Ramin Karimloo (de huidige Londense Phantom) en Sierra Boggess (o.a. The Little Mermaid) gecast als Phantom en Christine in ‘Love Never Dies’ al is nog niet duidelijk op welk continent. De Londense (Adelphi Theatre) en New Yorkse produktie openen gelijktijdig in de herfst van 2009, de versie in Shanghai enkele maanden later.

Andrew Lloyd Webber and the team behind what’s expected to be the biggest new musical of the year, Phantom: Love Never Dies, are meeting in New York over the weekend to thrash out how they’re going to stage it in the West End and on Broadway simultaneously (and Shanghai, a few months later).
That means casting the show three times. So far, Ramin Karimloo, born in Iran and raised in Toronto, and actress Sierra Boggess have been cast. But, as yet, no one’s certain whether they will open in New York or London first.
Karimloo has played the Phantom in London, while Ms Boggess, who created the part of Ariel in The Little Mermaid on Broadway, performed as Christine a couple of years ago in the Las Vegas abridged version of Phantom.

The pair have had a refresher course, so to speak, playing the Phantom and Christine during workshop rehearsals in London, and they have created the template for how the roles will be played on three continents.
The show’s creative team, led by director Jack O’Brien and designer Bob Crowley, have drawn up a production schedule that would have a long period of previews for Love Never Dies at the Adelphi Theatre this autumn, and at whatever theatre the producers settle on in New York (a deal is imminent, I understand), with O’Brien and colleagues shuttling across the Atlantic. Shanghai will follow later.
Sierra Boggess will play Christine
‘It’s a hilariously complex operation, but Andrew and everyone else is fully committed to pulling it off,’ an executive connected to the production in New York told me. ‘But if Andrew,
Jack, Bob or the Really Useful’s boss Andre Ptaszynski comes up against a reason for not going global, then we’ll scale it back and open in one place -  either New York or London -  first.
‘It’s all down to how well we’re organised,’ he explained.
I’m told Andrew ‘just wanted to have fun’ and was ‘tired’ of opening shows the ‘regular’ way.
There’s also talk of some of the Love Never Dies songs, by Lloyd Webber and Glenn Slater, being previewed by singers on U.S. TV talent show American Idol. (The songs are good, but work is still being done on the ‘book’.)

In the show, Christine, who is now a famous singer, has found life with husband Raoul (the hunk who rescued her at the end of the first Phantom) tough going. He enjoys a drink, or two or three, and has squandered their money.
Christine, Raoul and their teenage son (who was born with half a mask on his face, so guess who the real daddy is?) travel to New York for Christine to perform there.
You can guess what happens next. New levels of creative tension will surely be reached on this show.
I can’t wait.

[ Gewijzigd: 06 February 2009 12:12 PM by Theo ]
   Handtekening   

‘Once upon a time, lived a Princess and a Prince in Kingdoms Gold and Blue’

http://www.theaterverslagen.blogspot.nl

[ # 66 ] 07 February 2009 04:51 PM
Toneelhulp
Rank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  19
Geregistreerd  2009-02-07

Jacco - 08 June 2007 04:14 AM

Sunset!

En dat vind ik dan weer vreemd… Meesterlijke show!

Handtekening   

“One more thing before we start our final face-off… I will be the one to watch you fall.”

[ # 67 ] 07 February 2009 04:54 PM
Toneelhulp
Rank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  19
Geregistreerd  2009-02-07

...Jeroen… - 02 January 2009 07:04 PM

en wie moet dat zeggen, dat het geen vervolg heeft, jij of Andrew Lord Webber? Lijkt me niet moeilijk…

Hahah Leuk:P

Andrew Lloyd Webber, dus!

Handtekening   

“One more thing before we start our final face-off… I will be the one to watch you fall.”

[ # 68 ] 17 March 2009 07:08 AM
Broadway Ster

Playbill meldt weer wat nieuws over ‘Love Never Dies’

Love Never Dies – the sequel to the international hit musical The Phantom of the Opera – will feature choreography by Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell, who will also choreograph the upcoming Scott Wittman-Marc Shaiman-Terrence McNally musical Catch Me If You Can.

According to a Love Never Dies casting notice, the new Lloyd Webber (music)-Glenn Slater (lyrics) musical will feature direction by the previously announced Jack O’Brien as well as choreography by Mitchell and music supervision by Gareth Valentine.

Rehearsals will begin “approximately [in] August 2009.” Opening night will be “approximately [in] October 2009.”

As previously reported, Lloyd Webber hopes to open his newest musical in several cities simultaneously.

In the casting notice, the casting director’s note reads, “Due to the ambitious nature of this production, which will premiere in London and New York in the same season, exact opening dates and cities cannot be confirmed at this time. However, it’s confirmed that rehearsals will take place in London prior to an out-of-town tryout, probably in Toronto, before opening on Broadway. We anticipate that these plans will be confirmed before final auditions or contract offers.”

The casting notice also offers a brief description of Love Never Dies: “In 1907 New York, the mysterious ‘Maestro’ who runs the theatre at Coney Island announces a one-off concert by legendary Parisian soprano Christine Daaé. Her arrival in New York with husband Raoul, Victome de Chagny and son Gustave, and their subsequent meeting with the ‘Maestro,’ bring the cataclysmic events of 10 years earlier at the Paris Opera crashing back into all their lives.”

Actors are currently being sought for the roles of Phantom, Christine, Raoul, Meg, Madame Giry and Gustave.

Jerry Mitchell won a Best Choreography Tony Award for the revival of La Cage aux Folles and was also Tony-nominated for his choreography for The Full Monty, Hairspray, Never Gonna Dance, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Legally Blonde The Musical. He also directed the latter.

Bron http://www.playbill.com

Handtekening   

[ # 69 ] 17 March 2009 10:10 AM
West End Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  1874
Geregistreerd  2006-09-11

Even een beetje off maar toch ook weer on topic vraagie:

The heart is slow to learn…dat ik ken in de grandioze uitvoering van Kiri Te Kanawa….was door ALW toch oorspronkelijk geschreven voor de Phantom sequel of vergis ik me ? Dat is vraag 1 en daaraan vast : komt dit nummer ook inderdaad in part II ? als dat zo is is dat op zich al bijna genoeg reden voor mij om te gaan 😊

Handtekening   

Het is niet de criticus die telt. De eer komt toe aan de man die daadwerkelijk in de arena staat , die als het tegenzit en hij faalt, in elke geval grote moed heeft getoond. T. Roosevelt

[ # 70 ] 17 March 2009 10:21 AM
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6801
Geregistreerd  2009-01-21

Mark 020 - 17 March 2009 10:10 AM

The heart is slow to learn…dat ik ken in de grandioze uitvoering van Kiri Te Kanawa….was door ALW toch oorspronkelijk geschreven voor de Phantom sequel of vergis ik me ? Dat is vraag 1 en daaraan vast : komt dit nummer ook inderdaad in part II ? als dat zo is is dat op zich al bijna genoeg reden voor mij om te gaan 😊

Ik denk het niet, want dit nummer zat in een bewerkte versie al in een andere voorstelling. volgens mij The Beautiful Game.

[ # 71 ] 17 March 2009 10:31 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  574
Geregistreerd  2004-12-29

martijn-j - 17 March 2009 10:21 AM

Ik denk het niet, want dit nummer zat in een bewerkte versie al in een andere voorstelling. volgens mij The Beautiful Game.

Ik denk van niet aangezien Andrew Lloyd Webber in een interview heeft gezegd dat de score voor LOVE NEVER DIES 100% nieuw zal zijn met hier en daar wat elementen uit het orgineel…....dit om de sequel muzikaal te verbinden met het orgineel uit 1986. Ook schijnt de score voor LOVE NOVER DIES meer rock and roll invloeden bevatten.

Ben zeer benieuwd! En ik hoop op een nieuwe hit voor Sir Andrew.

Handtekening   

Live the life you always want to remember!

[ # 72 ] 17 March 2009 10:43 AM
Administrator
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4893
Geregistreerd  2004-05-12

eastwick - 17 March 2009 07:08 AM

Playbill meldt weer wat nieuws over ‘Love Never Dies’

Love Never Dies – the sequel to the international hit musical The Phantom of the Opera – will feature choreography by Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell, who will also choreograph the upcoming Scott Wittman-Marc Shaiman-Terrence McNally musical Catch Me If You Can.

According to a Love Never Dies casting notice, the new Lloyd Webber (music)-Glenn Slater (lyrics) musical will feature direction by the previously announced Jack O’Brien as well as choreography by Mitchell and music supervision by Gareth Valentine.

Bron http://www.playbill.com

Geen verrassing dus.. Jerry en Jack O’Brien zijn al lang een gouden team.
Alleen staan ze meer bekend om hun feel-good musicals als Hairspray..  Dus benieuwd welke kleur Phantom 2 krijgt..

[ # 73 ] 17 March 2009 01:28 PM
Broadway Ster
Totaal aantal Reacties:  2666
Geregistreerd  2005-01-21

was door ALW toch oorspronkelijk geschreven voor de Phantom sequel of vergis ik me ?

Volgens mij zei ALW “what could be the next Phantom musical”. Het werd dus Beautiful Game 😉

[ # 74 ] 18 March 2009 06:45 AM
Broadway Ster

Spannend, de website is inmiddels ook in de lucht. Nog niets op te zien maar toch ... http://www.loveneverdies.com

Handtekening   

[ # 75 ] 27 March 2009 09:47 AM
Broadway Ster

Weer veel spannende details in onderstaande quote uit de Daily Mail

The Phantom Of The Opera sequel, Love Never Dies, will open in the West End first, rather than on Broadway, the show’s composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has decided.
He revealed to this column that London ‘will have the edge over everybody’, with the show opening at the Adelphi Theatre in late October or early November. (The original Phantom is still running, at Her Majesty’s, London, 23 years after opening.)
The composer also told me - as I listened to a full orchestra playing his new score - that he wants Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess, who have developed the roles of the Phantom and his protegee, to originate the roles in London.
Ramin is the current Phantom in London, and Sierra was in a Phantom production in Las Vegas.
The idea is to open Love Never Dies in London, Toronto, New York and Shangai in quick succession. It’s a mammoth undertaking that, combined, will cost many millions. Tickets for the Adelphi show are expected to go on sale in late May or early June.
‘The Phantom has been so extraordinary in my life - the biggest musical I’ve been involved with so far. Somehow, after nearly 25 years, to come back to it again, it releases a lot,’ Andrew old me, his voice trailing away wistfully.
Rehearsals with three full casts will take place in South-East London from August 17 for three months. Soon after its Adelphi inaugural, it will open at Toronto’s Royal Alexandra Theatre and then, around next April, the cast from Toronto will drop down to Broadway - winding up in all likelihood at the Neil Simon Theatre.
Sometime, in the middle of all this, a production of Love Never Dies will open in Shanghai. It’s a highly ambitious schedule, such a roll-out around the globe would normally take two years or more.
‘Are you nuts?’ I asked director Jack O’Brien, who has been working with Andrew, lyricist Glenn Slater and designer Bob Crowley. He laughed wryly: ‘Some would think so. I prefer to think of myself as enthusiastic.
‘It makes sense, though, rather than spend time doing this over a course of two or three years.’

He added that by rehearsing it all together, all the main casts will have a sense of ‘ownership’ of the project. However, it’s Ramin and Sierra who have been laying down the blueprint.

For much of this week they were to be found at Abbey Road studios with Andrew, his regular recording team, Jack, Glenn, plus a 90-piece orchestra, laying down tracks from Love Never Dies for a concept album that may be released before or after the show opens.
‘We don’t believe in the recession in here,’ the composer joked, as I watched conductor Simon Lee put the orchestra through its paces.
The lavish score will have to be re-adjusted for the stage production, which will feature a much smaller orchestra (probably about 26 musicians).
From what I’ve heard, it sounds like the best work Andrew has produced in decades. I confess, I didn’t know he still had it in him - it’s a score of high passion, full of longing and regret.
Director O’Brien noted that the music - and the show’s story - are about maturity. ‘Not only that, but a vast repository of his [Lloyd Webber’s] own life and themes are coming back and being newly re-explored.’
He added pointedy: ‘He’s not phoning this in - it’s all new stuff.’
Indeed, it is a completely different sound to the main melodies in the original Phantom show - however, the composer noted that there are a couple of tiny motifs that will be familiar to the many millions who have seen Phantom on stage or screen.
Love Never Dies finds the Phantom living in a fairground on Coney Island. He is somehow reunited with Christine, now married to Raoul and with a son.
Slater observed that the first Phantom was driven, emotionally, by youthful insecurities. This older Phantom is driven by adult regrets. ‘It’s about choices and consequences,’ O’Brien added. ‘This is about the road not taken.’
The director paid tribute to Lloyd Webber’s ‘passion’.
‘It is like the last flowering of a great era of lyric romanticism - the theatre doesn’t seem to have that any more.
‘No one coming up feels this way, with that passion. And here’s a story that no one knows better than he knows. Not only has he produced it, but he’s outdone himself.’

Bron http://www.dailymail.co.uk

In dezelfde column staat nog het een en ander over John Barrowman (mogelijk in La Cage later dit jaar) die de rol van Raoul zing op het conceptalbum van ‘Love Never Dies’

[ Gewijzigd: 27 March 2009 10:03 AM by Theo ]
   Handtekening   

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 64