Broadway-legende Elaine Stritch overleden
change_status
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6801
Geregistreerd  2009-01-21

Ik heb altijd gedacht dat ze 120 zou worden, maar het mocht niet zo zijn.

Broadway icon Elaine Stritch has died. According to The New York Times, the actress passed away at her home in Birmingham, Michigan on July 17. Her death was confirmed by a friend, Julie Keyes. The actress was 89 years old.

Stritch was born on February 2, 1925 in Detroit, Michigan. She trained at the Dramatic Workshop of The New School, where her peers included Marlon Brando and Walter Matthau. She made her Broadway debut in Loco in 1946.

Stritch appeared in numerous Broadway productions, including Company, A Little Night Music, Elaine Stritch At Liberty, A Delicate Balance, Show Boat, Love Letters, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Bus Stop, Call Me Madam and Pal Joey. Her show Elaine Stritch at Liberty won the 2002 Tony Award for Special Theatrical Event. A three-time Emmy winner, her notable screen credits included 30 Rock, Law & Order, An Inconvenient Woman, Monster-in-Law, A Farewell to Arms and ParaNorman.

A longtime New York resident, Stritch bid farewell to the city last year to return to Michigan. She played a final show at the Café Carlyle (Stritch was a longtime resident of the Carlyle Hotel) in April 2013. Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, a documentary of her final years in New York, premiered at Tribeca Film Festival later that month.

Bron: broadway.com

[ # 1 ] 17 July 2014 06:31 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  661
Geregistreerd  2005-05-05

Hier schrik ik toch wel van.

Heb gisteren de documentaire “Shoot Me” gekocht en bekeken en heb “At Liberty” klaargelegd om nog een keer te bekijken.

Vreemd dat je opeens zo met iemand bezig bent en dan dit hoort.

Ik heb haar zelf maar een keer live gezien maar bewonderde haar mateloos.

R.I.P.

Handtekening   

MarcelHensema*TimTeunissen*JobGreuter*Kooten,Spaaij,Bosch*Roosendaal, Boer*Michelle van de Ven*Luuk Ransijn*Marijn Brouwers*Marjolijn Touw*Renee van Wegberg*Rundfunk*Cinderella*The Visit

[ # 2 ] 18 July 2014 01:32 PM
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6801
Geregistreerd  2009-01-21

Vanavond dooft Broadway de lichten ter nagedachtenis.