6 of 64 | ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
Love Never Dies (Phantom 2)
  [ # 76 ] 27 March 2009 03:44 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  574
Geregistreerd  2004-12-29

Spannend nieuws idd…

Ik zeg het nogmaals: Dit gaat een knaller worden!

Handtekening   

Live the life you always want to remember!

[ # 77 ] 05 April 2009 09:33 AM
Broadway Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4116
Geregistreerd  2003-02-28

Volgens onbevestigde berichten op Whatsonstage is de eerste Londense voorstelling op 26 oktober ...

Handtekening   

‘Once upon a time, lived a Princess and a Prince in Kingdoms Gold and Blue’

http://www.theaterverslagen.blogspot.nl

[ # 78 ] 05 April 2009 02:52 PM
West End Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  1504
Geregistreerd  2006-04-14

Ik blijf het een beetje een angstig idee vinden.. “The Phantom 2”.. weliswaar onder de naam “Love never dies”.
Ik hou zà³ van de officiële Phantom! Ik wacht even de reacties/beelden af, voordat ik besluit te gaan. Het is wel spannend, namelijk!

[ # 79 ] 17 April 2009 02:05 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Op donderdag 7 mei 2009 vind de perspresentatie plaats van Andrew Lloyd Webber`s LOVE NEVER DIES.

Zulllen vast leuke nieuwe details onthuld worden….......

http://www.whatsonstage.com/index.php?pg=207&story=E8831239811184&title=Love+Never+Dies+Announced+Worldwide+on+7+May???

Handtekening   

[ # 80 ] 08 May 2009 07:18 AM
Broadway Ster

Baz Bamigboye in de Daily Mail meldt dat ‘Love Never Dies’ waarschijnlijk is uitgesteld naar voorjaar 2010. Dat is nou jammer ...

Andrew Lloyd Webber, who has been busy working on the album of Phantom sequel Love Never Dies.

The composer had his score re-orchestrated, which meant he had to re-record the album. Nonetheless, he’s happy and enjoying himself.

All this has meant re-evaluating schedules for the physical stage show for the Adelphi in London and theatres in Toronto, New York and the Far East. From what I’m hearing, the show has been put back several months and the plan now is for it to open in the spring of next year, which means tickets won’t go on sale for a while.

I’ll let you know when I know.

Handtekening   

[ # 81 ] 08 May 2009 07:52 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Bugger!

Erg jammer…................het lange wachten levert vast een prachtig resultaat op.

Handtekening   

[ # 82 ] 08 May 2009 08:04 AM
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6801
Geregistreerd  2009-01-21

Ben benieuwd of er dan nog iets voor een limited season in het Adelphi komt.

Gister was toch die persconferentie? Is daar nog iets interessants gezegd?

[ # 83 ] 08 May 2009 09:02 AM
Broadway Ster

Die persconferentie zou gisteren zijn maar is nooit officieel bevestigd door de Really Useful Group. Ik blijf het wel een raar verhaal vinden vooral omdat in januari speciaal iemand is aangesteld om de wereldwijde launch van ‘Love Never Dies’ te begeleiden. Waarom zou de nieuwe opname van het conceptalbum dan het hele schema in de war moeten gooien ? Zoals ik gelezen heb zijn de verschillende produkties al gecast en zouden de repetities in Londen in augustus beginnen. Vreemd om dan het hele circus maar een half jaar vooruit te schuiven.
Maar misschien wil Lloyd Webber zich eerst concentreren op Jade en het Songfestival volgende week om zich daarna te kunnen wijden aan ‘Love Never Dies’ ?

Handtekening   

[ # 84 ] 18 May 2009 02:00 PM
Broadway Ster

Premiere op West End is in maart 2010 volgens de laatste berichten ...

Love Never Dies,” the new Andrew Lloyd Webber musical extending the story of “The Phantom of the Opera,” will premiere in London “in March of next year, and on Broadway in the same season,” Webber confirmed.
The composer was speaking at a press conference at the Eurovision Song Contest, for which he has co-written the United Kingdom’s competing song.

Word circulated last week that the tuner’s preem, originally set for this fall, had been delayed, a sked change attributed to Webber’s decision to re-orchestrate the score. Webber’s comments mark the first official confirmation of the new timeline.

Productions of “Love Never Dies” have also been proposed in Toronto and in an Asian market to be determined. Those stagings would likely follow close on the heels of the London and Broadway incarnations.

Bron http://www.variety.com

Handtekening   

[ # 85 ] 05 June 2009 04:25 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Via de volgende link is een interview met Andrew Lloyd Webber te zien waarin hij vertelt over zijn nieuwe musical LOVE NEVER DIES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_eGo3SqxS0

Handtekening   

[ # 86 ] 04 July 2009 08:25 AM
Broadway Ster

Inmiddels zijn de hoofdrollen voor de Londense ‘Love Never Dies’ officieel bevestigd door Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Ramin Karimloo and The Little Mermaid’s Sierra Boggess, who have both starred in various incarnations of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera, will head the cast of the sequel to that international hit.

London’s Daily Mail reports that Karimloo and Boggess will star in both the London and Broadway productions of Love Never Dies.

Lloyd Webber told the London paper, “I personally feel that what will now happen is that Sierra and Ramin will open in London early next year and then go to New York in the autumn of 2010. I think once the album comes out, hopefully before Christmas, a lot of singers will come out of the woodwork and we’ll find new Christines and Phantoms for the other productions.”

The creative team also includes director Jack O’Brien, lyricist Glenn Slater, choreographer Jerry Mitchell and music supervisor Gareth Valentine.

A recent casting notice offered this brief description of Love Never Dies: “In 1907 New York, the mysterious ‘Maestro’ who runs the theatre at Coney Island announces a one-off concert by legendary Parisian soprano Christine Daaé. Her arrival in New York with husband Raoul, Victome de Chagny and son Gustave, and their subsequent meeting with the ‘Maestro,’ bring the cataclysmic events of 10 years earlier at the Paris Opera crashing back into all their lives.”

Sierra Boggess made her Broadway debut as Ariel in The Little Mermaid, which currently plays the Lunt-Funtanne Theatre. Her stage credits also include Christine in Phantom Las Vegas, Les Misérables, West Side Story and the world premiere of Princesses.

Ramin Karimloo, who was born in Iran and launched his career in Canada, has performed in the West End productions of Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera and Miss Saigon.

Bron http://www.playbill.com

Plus in de blog van Baz Bamigboye een aantal andere interessante details over ‘Love Never Dies’

Andrew Lloyd Webber has confirmed that soprano Sierra Boggess and baritone Ramin Karimloo will star in the world premiere in London of his Phantom Of The Opera sequel, Love Never Dies.
He told me that the £10million (probably more) show will open at the Adelphi Theatre ‘early next year’, adding that ‘if it’s any later, I’ll go crazy!’

The show’s award-winning designer, Bob Crowley, will test ‘magic’ scenes involving a life-sized automaton version of Christine Daae, the Phantom’s beautiful protegee, at the Adelphi in September or October.
‘I don’t want to wait till next year and find that we’re held up by some illusion,’ the composer said. ‘We’ll set it up and fix any problems in the autumn.’ Creating the automaton, and ensuring that it works, has been one of the problems that caused Love Never Dies to delay from an initial, hoped-for opening this year.

Another factor was finding enough sets of performers to play the two main leads on three continents simultaneously. One idea had been for Love Never Dies to open in London, New York and Shangai at the same time. Lloyd Webber conceded that it’s unlikely that will now happen.

‘Where will we find three voices like that?’ Lloyd Webber wondered aloud, as we listened to Ms Boggess’s soaring soprano voice during a playback session at a recording studio in Battersea, South London.
Lord Lloyd-Webber and his long-time collaborator, music producer Nigel Wright, were playing me excerpts from the Love Never Dies concept album. ‘She’s pretty wonderful,’ he added. And she is.
‘It’s the first time that the leads on an album of mine have gone on to open in the actual stage show. When Sierra and Ramin open in London, Broadway will want to see the original stars, so you can’t say to London: “OK, listen to them for two weeks and then New York gets them.”
‘I personally feel that what will now happen is that Sierra and Ramin will open in London early next year and then go to New York in the autumn of 2010. I think once the album comes out, hopefully before Christmas, a lot of singers will come out of the woodwork and we’ll find new Christines and Phantoms for the other productions,’ he explained.

My sense of Love Never Dies is that it’s the best score Lloyd Webber has produced, and that once he hands it over to director Jack O’Brien it can be moulded into the best musical London has seen in years.
However, Lloyd Webber, looking wistful as we listened to his powerful melodies, wondered whether there would be an audience for Love Never Dies. To be sure, nothing’s a dead certainty in this business, but I will be mightily surprised if Love Never Dies doesn’t excel, both artistically and commercially.
‘I’m just going to hand it over to Jack in January and start rehearsals,’ Lloyd Webber said.
I laughed and surmised that he wouldn’t be able to ‘just hand it over’. But that’s why O’Brien’s a good choice. He’s tough.

The show is set on Coney Island, New York, around 1907 - ten years on from the final actions in Phantom Of The Opera. A mysterious figure, Mr Y, has established a freak show attraction called Phantasma.
He works with former Paris Opera ballet mistress Madame Giry (sung on the album by Sally Dexter) and her daughter Meg (now famous as bathing beauty the Ooh La La girl), sung by Summer Strallen.
Christine, an opera star, is married to Raoul, the Vicomte de Chagny (John Barrowman on the record), and the mother of a ten-year-old son, Gustave. She is invited to perform at the Phantasma amusement resort.
Lloyd Webber explained that in those days, showmen always liked to present ‘opera totty of the day, like Katherine Jenkins now’.

I won’t give any more away, except to say that by the show’s dramatically heartbreaking end, there won’t be a dry eye in the house. By the way, I asked why Ms Jenkins couldn’t take over from Ms Boggess in London and he explained that Boggess’s range was soprano, and that she can go right up the scale: ‘Her B-flat is sensational!’ Jenkins is a mezzo soprano and her voice wouldn’t suit his score.

Essentially, it’s a musical about obsession, love and a composer’s life work. It may also, I suspect, be the final original masterpiece of Lloyd Webber’s career.

Bron http://www.dailymail.co.uk

[ Gewijzigd: 04 July 2009 01:12 PM by Theo ]
   Handtekening   

[ # 87 ] 23 July 2009 08:27 AM
Broadway Ster

Ook Niamh Perry is gecast voor een rol in ‘Love Never Dies’ (Meg Giry vermoedelijk, al is ze met 19 wel wat jong voor die rol). Perry was een van de kandidates in ‘I’d Do Anything’, was eerder te zien in de nieuwe musical ‘Only The Brave’ en staat momenteel op de planken van het Prince of Wales als Sophie in ‘Mamma Mia!’

If Niamh Perry’s original plans for 2009 had come to fruition I would not be climbing the many stairs to her dressing room at the top of the Prince of Wales theatre. Her West End debut in long-runner Mamma Mia! comes after a certain new production she was hoping to be a part of was rescheduled for next year.

“So I found out that the job was postponed and started to panic, because that was kind of my plan for the next year,” she tells me when we meet in the sweltering cubby hole she has occupied for the past few weeks. Given that she has been involved in workshops for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s eagerly awaited sequel to The Phantom Of The Opera which had been rumoured to occupy the Adelphi theatre from October before it was postponed, even my limited powers of deduction infer that Love Never Dies could have been the production in question. “Yes it was,” she confirms with a hesitant smile.

Bron en de rest van het interview op http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk

[ Gewijzigd: 23 July 2009 08:38 AM by Theo ]
   Handtekening   

[ # 88 ] 23 July 2009 08:58 AM
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6801
Geregistreerd  2009-01-21

In vind haar ook wel te jong. Het verhaal speelt zich toch 10 jaar later af? Dan zou Meg nu een jaar of 26 zijn. Ik heb ook ergens gelezen dat Summer Strallen Meg zou spelen.

[ # 89 ] 23 July 2009 09:11 AM
Broadway Ster

Summer Strallen zingt de rol van Meg Giry op de concept CD. Meg zou nu inderdaad een eind in de 20 moeten zijn dus misschien dat voor Niamh Perry een andere rol is weggelegd, alternate Christine ?

Phantom:
Caucasian man, 35 - 40. As mysterious as ever, but thanks to his new surroundings and the private assistance of old supporters, he now enjoys the seeming freedom to walk among “the normal” as an entrepreneur in Coney Island, of all places! In fact, over the past 10 years, he’s achieved a place of power and success. But he is haunted by a creative passion that once filled his heart. Must possess effortless gravitas and sexuality. Powerful rock tenor singing voice. Must be able to sing to top B flat. STARRING ROLE.

Christine:
Caucasian woman, mid - late 20s. Now a semi-retired opera superstar and a mother, Christine is still gorgeous, iconic, elegant, every inch a star. Although she has a curious echo of sadness and distance about her, she must possess an equal blend of technical superiority and raw emotionality. Glorious soprano singing voice. Must be able to sing to top B flat. STARRING ROLE.

Raoul:
Caucasian man, 35 - 40. Christine’s husband. Now a functioning, stoic alcoholic with more than a glimmer of his previous self as an affluent and handsome aristocrat. A beauty on the turn. Must possess domineering gravitas and sexuality. Powerful tenor singing voice, with an instinct for lyricism. Must be able to sing effortlessly to A flat.

Meg:
Caucasian woman, mid - late 20s. Madame Giry’s daughter and a Coney Island fairground star. Gothic, mystical, unusual, sweet, charming, fun; has a broken baby-doll vulnerability, edge, sexiness, and a heart of steel. Strong mezzo soprano singing voice. A spunky voice, preferably with a raspy quality, up to top F sharp (top line, treble clef). Must be able to belt as well as sing with a lyrical ability when in balladic mode.

Madame Giry:
Caucasian woman, 40 - early 50s. Intent on making things happen for her and her daughter Meg, while having attained the position of business manager to the Phantom. She thus feels entitled to prominence and distinction. She will make sure that nothing or no one gets in her way. Has much pent-up aggression, like a compressed Piaf, if you will. Solid contralto singing voice. A character voice up to D within treble clef.

Gustave:
Caucasian boy, 10 - 12. Seeking a child singer/ actor to play Christine’s son. Must have an ethereal, other-worldly essence (Think Tim Burton-esque or Britten’s “Turn of the Screw”); an innocent beauty; an off-kilter attractiveness and character. Preferably small in stature and preferably blonde. Strong boyish voice up to top F sharp. Must have good musical instincts and a keen sense of pitch.

Handtekening   

[ # 90 ] 23 July 2009 09:22 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  272
Geregistreerd  2008-05-17

Ik vind die leeftijden in de casting notice wel wat raar…

Vooral het feit dat Raoul en de Phantom ongeveer dezelfde leeftijd zouden moeten hebben.
Als hij en Christine jeugdvrienden waren, dan zou ik daar hooguit iets van 4 a 5 jaar leeftijdsverschil verwachten, terwijl de Phantom in ‘deel 1’ zelfs door kan gaan voor Christine’s vader; lijkt me dus beduidend ouder.

Volgens mij volgen ze de leeftijden uit de film meer bij deze sequel… als je de leeftijden van Mme Giry en de Phantom vergelijkt, bijvoorbeeld.

Neemt niet weg dat ik inmiddels enorm benieuwd ben naar het hele gebeuren. Het boek is vreselijk (The Phantom of Manhattan), maar wellicht hebben ze er als musical toch nog iets moois van kunnen maken.

Al enig idee wanneer het concept album uitkomt?

Handtekening   

Life is music - play it louder!

‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
6 of 64