4 of 4 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4
Gone with the Wind the musical
  [ # 46 ] 06 May 2008 12:02 PM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  496
Geregistreerd  2003-01-14

Moet ik van tevoren kaarten kopen of krijgen ze de zaal niet vol en krijg ik ze op Leicester Sq. nog wel voor de halve prijs?

Handtekening   

Don’t take your organs to Heaven. Heaven knows we need them here!
Heb jij je al als donor geregistreerd?

[ # 47 ] 21 May 2008 01:13 PM
Broadway Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4116
Geregistreerd  2003-02-28

Mo - 06 May 2008 12:02 PM

Moet ik van tevoren kaarten kopen of krijgen ze de zaal niet vol en krijg ik ze op Leicester Sq. nog wel voor de halve prijs?

Mo ‘Gone With The Wind’ is bij TKTS te krijgen en er zijn online ook aanbiedingen te vinden. Ik heb vorige week woensdag en zaterdag de matinees gezien en de zaal zat vol. Als je de kans krijgt zou ik zeker de voorstelling gaan zien. Ik heb er in ieder geval enorm van genoten !
Groeten,
Theo

Handtekening   

‘Once upon a time, lived a Princess and a Prince in Kingdoms Gold and Blue’

http://www.theaterverslagen.blogspot.nl

[ # 48 ] 31 May 2008 05:58 PM
Administrator
Totaal aantal Reacties:  4893
Geregistreerd  2004-05-12

Gone with the Wind, the new musical version of Margaret Mitchell’s epic novel, will play its final performance at the New London Theatre June 14.

Directed by Trevor Nunn, the musical – which began previews April 5 and opened April 22 – will have played 79 performances.

Geflopt dus..
het complete bericht staat op:
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/118266.html

[ # 49 ] 02 June 2008 06:49 AM
Broadway Ster

Not happy ...  :huil:

Handtekening   

[ # 50 ] 02 June 2008 09:45 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

eastwick - 21 May 2008 01:13 PM
Mo - 06 May 2008 12:02 PM

Mo ‘Gone With The Wind’ is bij TKTS te krijgen en er zijn online ook aanbiedingen te vinden. Ik heb vorige week woensdag en zaterdag de matinees gezien en de zaal zat vol. Als je de kans krijgt zou ik zeker de voorstelling gaan zien. Ik heb er in ieder geval enorm van genoten !
Groeten,
Theo

Ik zat er 31 mei en vond de eerste 20 minuten ook heel mooi. Het verhaal kwam wat langzaam op gang maar ik had de indru kdat het wel interssant zou worden. Helaas kregen we een brandalarm en werd het theater ontruimd. Uiteindelijk bleken er 3 volspotten uitgevallen te zijn en het orkest had geen licht. Verder mocht het meisje dat Bonnie speelde na een bepaalde tijd niet meer op. Er werd dus afgelast. Ik kreeg de indruk dat er e.e.a. vernietigd was door de brand. Misschien heeft dat er ook toe bijgedragen dat ze gaan stoppen.

Ik vind het wel jammer dat ik ‘m niet helemaal gezien heb en een CD was er niet. Ik ging speciaal voor GWTW naar Londen!

Handtekening   

[ # 51 ] 02 June 2008 10:07 AM
Broadway Ster

Balen zeg ! Ik vind het echt ontzettend sneu dat ze nu al gaan stoppen maar wel logisch als de kaartverkoop achter blijft bij de verwachtingen. De recensies waren vernietigend maar de twee voorstellingen die ik gezien heb zullen me nog lang heugen niet in de laatste plaats door de geweldige performances van Jill Paice en Darius Danesh.

‘Gone With The Wind’ is een donker, indrukwekkend en vooral dramatisch stuk. Prachtig verteld met misschien niet de direct aansprekende muziek die veel mensen bij een musical verwachten. Als het niet je ding is kan ik me voorstellen dat 3 uur 20 minuten een lange zit is, maar wat héb ik genoten en ik ben eerlijk gezegd geneigd om voor 14 juni nog een keer te willen gaan.

Mo was er nu eigenlijk wel een souvenirbrochure ? Toen ik er was hadden ze alleen het programma, de brochure zou binnen enkele weken komen.

Handtekening   

[ # 52 ] 02 June 2008 11:22 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Nee, alleen een programmaboekje waar eigenlijk alleen wat repetitiefoto’s ins tonden en wat t-shirts die niet echt de moeite waard waren.

Ik vond het echt heel jammer want wat ik gehoord heb vond ik echt heel mooi en er werd heel goed gespeeld. Darius Danesh had nog geen noot gezongen, maar de wijze waarop hij zelfs bij de brand in zijn rol bleef beloofde veel. Ik hoopte zo dat we door konden, maar helaas…

Voor mij zit een gang naar Londen binnen 14 dagen er echt niet in en ik vraag me ook af of het echt zo is dat ze nog spelen. Zijn ze niet al gestopt?

Overigens was de zaalbezetting helemaal niet zo slecht op 31 mei. Het zat niet vol maar echt leeg was het ook niet. Eigenlijk moet zo’n show wel de kans krijgen om even op te starten. Het is nu eenmaal geen Haripray, Wicked of Billy Elliot waar het spectakel meteen alles overneemt. Dit stuk heeft een wat geduldiger publiek nodig. Was Les Mis in een keer een kaskraker? Ik gok van niet.

Handtekening   

[ # 53 ] 02 June 2008 05:35 PM
Musical Ster
RankRankRankRankRankRankRankRankRank
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6127
Geregistreerd  2004-03-15

Ofwel theater en werkelijkheid raakten elkaar en was er echt brand, ofwel de productie is nu gone with the wind…

Erg jammer als je speciaal daarvoor naar Londen gaat!
Er was geen mogelijkheid meer om een of meerdere dagen later nog een keer te gaan?

Handtekening   

Have you ever yearned to go, past the world you think you know,
been in thrall to the call of the beauty underneath?

[ # 54 ] 03 June 2008 10:27 AM
Alternate
RankRankRankRankRank

Heidi - 02 June 2008 05:35 PM

Ofwel theater en werkelijkheid raakten elkaar en was er echt brand, ofwel de productie is nu gone with the wind…

Erg jammer als je speciaal daarvoor naar Londen gaat!
Er was geen mogelijkheid meer om een of meerdere dagen later nog een keer te gaan?

Ik zat er zaterdagavond en mijn vlucht terug was zondag om 12.05 uur. Helaas!

Handtekening   

[ # 55 ] 29 June 2008 12:35 AM
Toeschouwer
Totaal aantal Reacties:  6
Geregistreerd  2008-06-28

Vind het wel jammer dat de musical alweer is gestopt, de film is al jaren mijn favo film, had dit graag willen zien. Misschien wordt de musical ooit weer nieuw leven ingeblazen?:)

[ # 56 ] 23 August 2008 09:30 AM
Broadway Ster

Op Playbill staat een interessant interview met Jill Paice over onder andere ‘Gone With The Wind’

Question: Was it difficult to leave Curtains to go do Gone with the Wind?
Paice: It was. From an emotional point of view, leaving this group that I had spent a year-and-a-half of my life with was difficult, but when you’re offered Scarlett O’Hara in Gone with the Wind, I don’t think you can say no. [Laughs.]

Question: Did Gone with the Wind come about because you had worked with Trevor?
Paice: Yeah. Well, actually, when I was doing Woman in White in London, I happened to be at a dinner party one night with Trevor and just asked what he was doing next. He said, “Well I’m going to be workshopping a production of Gone with the Wind,” and I just about fell out of my chair! I did fall out of my chair because I’m in love with “Gone with the Wind.” I’ve always been such a fan of it. So, Trevor and I were just talking about ideas. He said, “You know I can’t have you do it. You’re here doing Woman in White. [The workshop] would be 10-6, and that’s a big role to take on.” And I said, “No, no, no I completely understand.” And then a couple of weeks later, he called and asked if I would do it. I had workshopped it, and then they had flown me over again to do the demo, and Trevor is very faithful. Aldo Scrofani, who was one of our producers, was willing to be very faithful. Here I am, a no-name really. I’m not a Hollywood star. They brought me back over to London to do Gone with the Wind.

Question: What do you think were the problems with the show, and what do you think were its strengths? Do you think it could have another life?
Paice: It’s a fantastic piece. It really is, and there are some beautiful, brilliant moments. It’s a great story. . . . We were just in previews as they trimmed it down and got it down to three hours and 15 minutes. We were just getting better and better audience reaction, and we were really fueled by that, and we were excited by that. We got to opening night and had standing ovations, which in London you just don’t get standing ovations. They are very reserved with their ovations over there. In no way were we shielded or protected from what then happened. We weren’t expecting those kinds of reviews. I didn’t think we would get amazing reviews because, for heaven’s sake, we’re trying to put “Gone with the Wind” onstage. But I think the press over there had, weeks before, months before, decided that Trevor Nunn was not going to succeed putting the greatest novel, the greatest film, up on stage. It wouldn’t have mattered, I don’t think, what we had presented. They weren’t going to have liked anything about it, and that’s exactly what happened.

Question: That must have been really disheartening after working so hard.
Paice: Absolutely. For any actor, you pour your heart and your soul into these pieces because you cannot dare question them because you’re up there doing them eight times a week. And you’re not watching it, you’re just trying to make it work – constantly trying to make it work. Even if there are moments that you know aren’t working, every night you get to them, and you continue to try. You do not question. So, yes, when that happened we were crushed. There was an energy at the theatre. You would walk in, and you could feel this cloud hanging over everybody. But thank God – Aldo Scrofani got out there and raised more money, did a whole new publicity push… I’m sure anybody else would have closed us the next day! They kept us going for nearly another two months, whatever it was, because he believed in the piece. We all did, and that was the problem, because none of us were up for that sort of disappointment. So, as our run continued, that cloud sort of disappeared and we said, “Well, we don’t know how long we’re here, but let’s make the most of it.” And we managed to have a great time together. And, again, we bonded because it just felt like we were fighting this uphill battle with the press. The press wouldn’t let it go. They kept mentioning it in their papers every once in awhile. A new show would open up, and they’d say, “Well, it’s not as long as Gone with the Wind .” They just kept digging at us for no reason. And that’s what I mean by . . . we weren’t going to make it because they were ready to tear us down, and they were going to continue to tear us down even if we made it through the summer. They kept doing things like that to us, and I think it’s unfair and uncalled for. That didn’t have anything to do with the piece. That was just a dig.

Question: Did you get to record the score?
Paice: No, and we didn’t get to do a souvenir program. We sort of have our memories that live on with the cast and the people who came to see it. The nice thing is Turner Classic Movies did a documentary on the making of it, which played over in London, and they did give us a copy. It’s sort of sad to go back and watch now because we were all so excited. [Laughs.] But, at the same time, it’s a great memory of the show, and they did tape some footage of the actual show. To have somebody following you around through the rehearsal process is a nice memento to have. It’s just not available to everybody right now.

Question: Do you think that the show will get done elsewhere?
Paice: I think they are talking about it, but I don’t what their plans are. I think there is still hope for it yet, but I’m not sure where or when.

Het hele interview is te lezen op http://www.playbill.com

Handtekening   

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4